The eye is amazing and medicine and treatments are always being developed to help prevent, protect and heal your eyes. From new therapies to help those with macular degeneration adapt and cope with vision loss to foods and vitamins which can help keep your eyes healthy, eye care is constantly changing field with the patient and their best interest in mind. Take a look at some easy and helpful tips to help you protect your vision.
- If you notice something odd or different, don’t wait, schedule an appointment right away. Many common issues relating to your vision can occur quite quickly. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Some conditions cannot be stopped but can be slowed if caught early.
- Don’t manage issues on your own, consult a specialist. While issues like dry eyes may impact even a normal eye sometimes due to environmental conditions, if it becomes chronic, it could be a sign of something more serious and should be checked out. Don’t rely on products over the counter for chronic problems, consult an expert.
- Teach your children about protecting their eyes early by getting them sunglasses, encouraging them to keep sharp objects and toys away from their eyes and being a good role model.
- Eat healthy foods including vegetables frequently.
- Remember to look away from your computer screen frequently to relax your eyes.
- Always wear eye protection when working with tools even at home. Don’t think that just because you are at home, tools can not hurt you. Don’t skip the eye protection just because it is not required, do your part to protect your vision.
- The FDA recently announced that some lasers in toys can cause injuries to eyes if shone directly into the eye. To avoid any issues, be sure not to shine any laser directly into any eye.
- Remember eye exams are not just for people who have eye problems but are an important part of protecting your eyes for years to come. Schedule an appointment today.
Dedicated to you, Alpine Eye Care in Gaylord Michigan is here to help in many ways including offering regular appointments, surgeries and procedures to help prevent or reduce the impact of certain conditions. Our doctors offer a wide variety of services and specialties ranging from general ophthalmology and specializing in refractive and cataract surgeries to optometry. If you are looking for Eye Care in Gaylord MI, contact Alpine Eye Care online here to schedule an appointment or call us at 877.SEE.2020 to set up an appointment or to learn more.